Thursday, December 21, 2006

He's just a fast-food knight

This is so dumb. I mean-- yeah, yeah, too bad that this kid's hobby can't be included in his yearbook picture.








Oh yeah, and too bad this kid's hobby is freaking dumb. And too bad his mom feels that a lawsuit is the answer.


Here's my question: if there's a different kid whose hobby is hunting-- should he be able to submit and have included in the yearbook a picture of himself
brandishing guns and wearing a bandolier? Or what about standing atop a dead bear? Or chasing down a homeless (but crafty) Ice-T on a 4-wheeler?

Is it unfair to have rules governing the pictures that will be included in the yearbook? Nope.





Is it maybe a good idea to have those rules state that photos with weaponry are out of bounds? Yup.



Where's the controversy? I don't see it.





Why is this news?
Look at that picture again. Yeah. I bet some editor at msnbc laughed as hard as I did at that D-bag's picture in chain mail and a sword.

So here it is, the first Christmas gift of the year.


To: Patrick


From: The Jay



8 comments:

Fishy said...

and i thought adam was a dork, but this kid takes the cake.
and to you, sir jay, "the witty", knight of the elliptical table. nice movie refrences, those were good.

but seriously, someone should beat the hell out of that kid, atleast the star wars kid tried to hide his lack of social skills.

Monticore said...

Jay I almost pissed myself when I saw the movie ticket you made. Your presence is sorely missed.

I dub thee Sir Jacob the Sardonic of Colorado

Fishy said...

i just read my comment and thought i should revise.

i shouldn't have said beat the hell out of that kid, i should have said beat some sence into him, but i got carried away, i am sorry.

i read it and went man, that was crule, there was no need for that, but something does need to be done. atleast tell him to save it for the D&D conventions, basements or when he is playing world war craft on the coputadora, it doesn't belong in a yearbook.

Adam said...

Here's some nerdiness for you.

That douche is holding a sword on his shoulder and carrying on on his waste.

I'm pretty sure that's small penis syndrome. Can you imagine all the other knights riding around on their horses with just a dagger or one sword making fun of the knights with two broad swords? I can.

Not historically accurate. Twit.

Unknown said...

I'm just so glad that you guys are as amused by this as I am. I didn't want to be so negative-- live and let live -- but one the ACLU gets involved, so do I.

I think I'll go home and polish my Katana Collection.

Apropos: Are ninja nerds better than RenFair nerds? I know the pirate caucus has their axe to grind, but I'd put ninja nerds over RenFair nerds. And y'all?

PS: Good to see you around the 'sphere, Nick!

edluv said...

that is one great post jay. really funny.

also funny in the comments, words like crule and sence.

i love you all. keep up the funny stuff.

Fishy said...

thank you ed, for noticing my typos, like i said before, i am not the smartest of the group.

Adam said...

There is not necessarily a correlation between spelling ability and intelligence.