Monday, August 07, 2006

I hear there was a weekend?

I haven't blogged in a long time. Sorry, faithful readers. I've been pretty busy with work.

I did upload the
video of Becky's casting skills. It's impressive. She's also pretty good with a bo-staff, and this gang wants her to join.

So I understand Justin is going to make it out here later this month, which is FAN-TASTIC!

Hmmm... what else... Oh! Karaoke on Friday was so much fun! The DJ lady was kinda getting ready to leave when we showed up, but we convinced her to stick around for just a few songs, which turned into lots and lots of me singing. My set included:

White Wedding (Billy Idol)

An awful rendition of Blue Bayou (Linda Ronstadt)

Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye)

Hell (Squirrel Nut Zippers)

Minny the Moocher (Cab Calloway)

And a lot of other songs that I can't remember. I don't remember which song it was, but at one point I was ad-libbing about how this time I was going to keep my pants on through the whole song. ...I don't know why.

The karaoke lady decided at some point to just put in songs and call my name, so a couple times I was surprised to find myself at the microphone. It's not like I was taking anybody's songs or anything-- The audience was about six people, including the bartender and the DJ.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and safe.

4 comments:

Adam said...

You two should go in on a bass boat together. You do an awful lotta fishin'.

edluv said...

it would have been very funny, to me, if you had linked to some webpage or story about a gang.

Monticore said...

Was this at the same Kareoke place where you always get in a fight?

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

That video was perfect!