Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Road Does not End

Hil and I took a road trip this weekend down to Austin this weekend. A friend of ours from our time in Kenya was getting married, and Hil is leaving the ski bum life, so it was a great time to catch up and have fun. Here are the shots.
--------------------

Amarillo, TX. The Road-- tell me about it. Texas is enormous.

It took us about 3 hours to get from Pueblo to the NM-TX line, and then about 12 hours to get down to Leander (near Austin)

Some things are really funny in the middle of the night, in the middle of Texas.
Leander, TX -- Where the wedding would be held.

We spent some time in Austin. It was fun, but SO MUGGY!

These pictures were in the Zilker (?) Botanical Gardens in Austin. Enlarge the pics, because it's really a beautiful place.

The gardens had a special day-lily competition that day. Pretty flowers, even if I didn't know what made one better than another.
Botanical gardens. Zoological freebie!

Ladies (Hilary, Easter, Allison) doing some slumber-party gossip or something, thie night before the wedding.
I was honored to pick a bunch of these flowers for the bouquet.
The rabbi was honored to have the bride's mother tell him exactly how the ceremony should be organized.
The ceremony went very nicely. It was touching and meaningful and brief.
Bride, groom, and all in attendance had a great time.
My first taste of Challah (sp?). It tasted like Zwiebach.
Congratulations, Allison and Gus!
---------------------------
Then Hilary and I took off. I listened to The DaVinci Code on tape, which kept me awake and able to drive until 4:30 in the morning. Then a little nap and drive back to Canon. Hil is on the road right now to Zion NP in Utah. Stay safe! I think I'll be napping a lot this week. Don't call me at work. zzzzzzz......

No comments: