Friday, September 11, 2009

wii stream

That title sounds gross.

I've been having a lot of fun recently browsing the web on my Wii. If you haven't downloaded the browser, go ahead and do it.

Youtube XL comes preloaded as a favorite, and that's a lot of fun. It's great to browse the web sitting on the couch instead of at a computer desk. And I just love fail videos and bloopers, so I'll sit for a long time watching rally crashes, funny animals, and parkour wrecks. It's nice when feeding the baby, because I only have one hand free (if I hold the bottle with my chin).

Anyway, I have been trying to get Hulu, Pandora, and a few other sites to work on the wii, but they don't quite get it done. Maybe the browser (Opera, same as on my spartphone) isn't very strong? I guess it's the tradeoff for the coolness of internetting from the couch.

I just found out that finetune has a wii-optimized site, so I registered there and added a few playlists from my computer, then logged from on my wii. It's great!

If you have good speakers hooked up to your wii/TV system and want to listen to streaming audio there, this is a great way to do it!

As Malisa said, how cool would it be to get Hulu working through the Wii! I think I'd devote more time to this if my cable were out.

No comments: