Friday, January 30, 2009

Update

We have less than 10 weeks until our baby Evelyn is born! Holy crap, it's a big deal! Becky looks great and I am very proud of her.

The house I've been working on is made of ICFs. That's Insulated Concrete Foundations, a styrofoam and metal structure into which concrete is poured, yielding an incredibly tight, strong, and energy-efficient home. There's a concrete floor with tubing for hot water (or glycol, which is probably what we'll use) running through it, making a very comfortable heating system. It's a Southwestern-style home, and my partner and I have been building arches and soffits to give the homeowners their dream home.



Classes this semester:
Negotiation & Conflict Management, which has been fantastic and educational.
Ethics and Leadership in Public Administration-- check out our prez's first Executive Order, addressingthe "revolving door" between gov't appointees and lobbyists.
Local Government Management-- Haven't spent too much time in this one, but I am interested to learn about bringing change on a local level.



Lost is looking good, and yes, I think Faraday will die before the end of the season. Sun's dad was in business with Charles Widmore, who was apparently on the island in WWII and has been trying to get back to destroy it ever since. Richard (the man who never ages) was the guy who asked Locke if the knife was really his when he interviewed him. So apparently, there have always been people who could leave the island.

Remember in Star Trek, where they always visited the 20th century? I remember someone saying "Gee, the 20th century must have been pretty cool, because Star Trek people always wanted to go there." ...I think the same must apply to time travel, because if the Lost kids are just jumping randomly in time, they were certainly lucky to only skip a couple of decades instead of 500 years, like Faraday said.

...Anyway, I gotta read for my classes.

Pax.

No comments: