Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8 facts

Here are the rules:- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.

-I pick up languages rather easily. I am really proud of this fact, because I think it means that I have an open mind. You know how they say that kids under 12 (?) pick up languages easily? I like to think that I've kept that flexibility.
-I'm also proud of my knot-tying ability. Knot-tying is very useful and can be really creative. Scott has seen my mad macramé skills first hand.

-While growing up, I usually played the straight man to a friend's color man. It's a pattern I recognized and hated, because it made me feel like something less than the main character in my life.

-I think swearing is an art form. Well-composed strings of expletives are entertaining and emotive.

-I own more than 20 pocket knives. Two switchblades, several locking knives, a few fixed-blade knives, some really fancy ones. But the one I carry is a folding utility knife, and I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can slice bread with it.

-One of my most treasured memories is building a go-cart with my grandpa when I was about 14. My grandpa was a wizard with machines and metal, and that go-cart was one of the last things he did. I wish I had been less of a snotty teenager when we were building it. After my grandpa died, I inherited a lot of his tools, and every time I use them I remember him.

-I'd like to think that I'm an idealist, but I am not too consistent. That's a recipe for personal frustration.

-This last year has been the happiest of my life.

1 comment:

duble-u said...

knot tier